Involved In a Car Accident? Here are 7 Things to Keep In Mind
With more than 75 years of combined experience, The Lawyers of Brown & Roberto have assisted countless Tennesseans who have been seriously injured in car accidents. If you’ve been injured in an accident, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Stay calm and assess your condition and the condition of others in your vehicle.
- Determine if immediate medical attention is needed.
- Call 911. Remember that they will need to know the location of the accident and if emergency medical personnel should be dispatched as well as the Police.
- Think before you speak. Try to recall the events involved in the accident clearly in your mind prior to discussing them with anyone at the scene. Remember that what you say can be used against you. Do not be apologetic and do not accept the other party’s statement of what happened; tell it as you saw it.
- Seek medical attention if you need it. If pain develops, do not delay seeking treatment. Remember, if you don’t seek treatment, everyone will assume that you are not hurt. Make sure you tell your doctor how you were injured in the crash. Be specific about all of the symptoms and injuries you experienced in the accident.
- Submit all medical bills to your health insurance company. Never assume that the other driver’s insurance will voluntarily pay the bill, even if they say they will. Be sure to notify your car insurance company of the accident as soon as possible.
- Seek legal advice as soon as possible. There are a lot of variables that go into determining fault in a car wreck. It’s best to have an experienced attorney to guide you through the process.
Be safe out there!