Roberto Named to Election Commission
Congratulations to Andrew Roberto, a partner with The Lawyers of Brown & Roberto, for being named to the Knox County Election Commission this spring. Andrew was nominated by State Representative Joe Armstrong.
The Election Commission consists of five Commissioners appointed to two year terms. The other Commissioners are Christopher Heagerty, Cassandra McGee Stuart, Bob Bowman and Hannah Parker. In general, the commission is responsible to promote voter registration and to oversee the electoral process in our county. Some of their specific duties include:
- Appointing the Administrator of Elections, who is responsible for day to day operations and for coordinating elections. The commissioners recently voted to retain Cliff Rodgers for this position.
- Approving an annual budget for the commission including the purchase of any new voting equipment for the county.
- Assisting the administrator in designating polling places and precinct boundaries.
- Ensuring the security of absentee ballots.
- Approving election officials and assisting on Election Day.
Andrew is pleased to be able to serve in this new capacity. “It was truly humbling to be selected to serve on the Election Commission,” he says. He added that the focus of his time on the commission will be to increase voter registration and participation throughout our community. “We are all blessed to live in such a wonderful community and I believe that we are stronger when each of us participate.”
For more information on the Knox County Election Commission, visit their website. To see if you are registered to vote or to view voter qualifications, visit the Tennessee Department of State website.