How an Experienced Car Accident Lawyer Can Help You
Tennessee is a comparative fault state. This means that your recovery in a motor vehicle accident will be reduced by the percentage of fault that is attributed to you. If you are 50 percent or more at fault, you cannot recover against the other driver.
The Lawyers of Brown & Roberto work with accident reconstruction experts when necessary to collect and preserve evidence of liability in car, truck and motorcycle accidents. Examples of evidence that can help prove who was responsible for an accident include:
- Photographs and measurements of skid marks
- The damaged vehicles, which may include defective safety equipment such as tires, seat belts and brakes
- GPS units and on-board computers (if equipped) which can show speed, braking and location
- Photographs of road defects such as potholes or missing guard rails
- Photographs of untrimmed shrubs and other landscaping that may have blocked your view or the view of the other driver
- Witness statements
- Cell phone records
Even though the other driver may be apologetic after the accident and admit fault, his or her story can change over time. The goal of the other driver’s insurance company is to assign as much fault to you as possible to minimize your recovery or avoid paying you anything. Even if the other driver was at fault, the insurance company can assign blame on you by claiming that you were speeding, that you failed to look both ways at an intersection, or that you did not attempt to avoid the accident.
Do not let the insurance company take advantage of you. Call an experienced car accident lawyer today!Schedule a Free Consultation Today With a Car Accident Lawyer
Visit www.BrownandRoberto.com. Call (865) 691-2777 to set up an initial consultation to discuss your automobile accident or car wreck case, or reach us through the convenient form below for more information about our practice. With our contingency fee arrangement, you pay no attorney fees unless we recover compensation for you. Put an experienced car accident lawyer on your side today!