The Top 5 Reasons to Call a Car Accident Attorney
Most people never talk to a car accident attorney until they need one. The problem is that most people don’t know if they really need one or not. What does a car wreck lawyer actually do? If you’ve been injured in a car accident, how can a car accident attorney help you?
As you can see in our previous post on the topic, there are lots of things a car wreck lawyer can do for you. We’ve compiled what we believe are the Top 5 Reasons to Call a Car Accident Attorney.
- It’s been six months from the date of your accident and your claim has still not been settled. This reason has to do with the Statute of Limitations on car accident claims in Tennessee. As we’ve written about in the past, you have one year to file a claim in court. Don’t let that time expire! After a year, you’ll have no legal recourse to recover damages.
- You are confused about the proper value of your claim. You would expect to have your property damages and your medical bills covered, but there are several other things you might not have considered – things like loss of earnings, pain and suffering, or permanent disabilities. An experienced car wreck lawyer will ask the right questions and properly calculate the value of your claim.
- The driver at fault does not have insurance or enough insurance to compensate you for all of your injuries and damages. Tennessee is sixth in the nation for uninsured drivers, according to PropertyCasualty360.com. 20 percent, nearly a million drivers, are uninsured. An experienced car wreck lawyer will examine your case, help determine fault, and advise you on the best options for recovering damages.
- You are having difficulty getting the medical treatment you need. After a car accident, it is crucial that you get the very best medical treatment. Due to the cost of medical care, many people don’t thoroughly treat their injuries. An experienced car accident attorney can assist you in getting all the care that you need.
- The insurance company will not settle your property damage claim promptly or thoroughly. They may try to settle for less than you are entitled to under the law. Remember, insurance companies make their money by paying out as little as possible. When you’re the victim of a car accident, an experienced car wreck lawyer can help make sure that you are fully and fairly compensated for your loss.
If any of these apply to you, contact The Lawyers of Brown & Roberto today. With more than 75 years of combined experience and more than $45 million recovered for our clients, we are serious lawyers, who know how to win. We’re happy to discuss your case, answer your questions, and advise you on your best course of action – all at no charge to you. Our contingency fee arrangement means we don’t get paid unless you do. Our office is conveniently located in Knoxville with plenty of free parking. Call (865) 691-2777 or use the response form below.